"Innovation is change that unlocks new value"
NYVC is an innovative multi-stage and multi-platform venture capital firm acquiring minority interests in visionary startups with well-thought-out plans and strategies. Based in the New York Metropolitan area and Israel, we invest in startups with a US or global focus.
With the goal of sourcing and facilitating better funding options for startups and giving individual investors around the world direct access to potentially lucrative investment opportunities, we will be launching a multi-platform startup funding program. This will include traditional angel and venture capital funds, as well as publicly-traded funds, crowdfunding, NYVC’s iPort for RIAs, sidecar co-investments, SPACs, and cryptographic security-token offerings (STOs) facilitated through our portfolio startups, Federal Ledger and CrowdSPACs.com.
IDEAS: VISION AND FOCUS
Unlike most VCs, we invest in ideas, not in people.
Visionaries are only able to see what others cannot yet see, but gifted orators are able to inspire audiences to see their vision and join their revolution.
People form teams, and teams can be enhanced on the fly by sharing and shuffling skills and responsibilities. It is easier to find great people to help our portfolio startups than it is to find great startup ideas. A solid startup idea presented by an intelligent founder forms a more substantial foundation for success than a founder with a half-baked “me too” idea, even, and perhaps more so, when such founder comes with an impressive background. Many colossal venture capital failures stemmed from the mistaken premise that an accomplished founding team can make up for flaws in their startup's business plan.
Our approach is far from whimsical. In fact, we would encourage all early-stage investors to review an insightful research paper, “Should Investors Bet on the Jockey or the Horse? Evidence from the Evolution of Firms from Early Business Plans to Public Companies”, by Steven N. Kaplan, Berk A. Sensoy, and Per Strömberg, published in 2009 in the AFA Journal of Finance (https://econpapers.repec.org/RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:64:y:2009:i:1:p:75-115).
We help our portfolio startups develop a clear vision, a strategic roadmap, and a razor-sharp focus on critical long-term and short-term objectives, and obtain the resources they require to carry out their business plans.
At this time, our primary investment-focus is on the following sectors:
- FinTech and Multi-Ledger (“Blockchain” etc.) Technologies
- Crowdfunding and Secondary-Market Platform Technologies
- Retail and Dining Delivery Technologies
- Global Commerce Platforms
- Market Aggregation Platforms
- Fractional Investment Platforms
- Multimodal Transport Technologies
- Healthcare and Telemedicine Technologies
- Integrated Communication Technologies
- Remote Collaboration and Work Platforms
- Niche Biotech Startups
- Infrastucture and Energy Technologies
NYVC participates in the following investment stages:
- Seed / Angel
- VC / Growth (Series-A/B/C)
- Short Term Pre-IPO Mezzanine Financing
“Preparation, I have often said, is rightly two-thirds of any venture.”
“Analysis is the art of reverse engineering reality.”
Before we invest in an idea, we analyze two aspects of the underlying premise of the startup - its viability and its feasibility. A startup that passes our viability and feasibility analysis with flying colors is set to become a stellar success story. Whether your startup ultimately becomes an NYVC portfolio company or not, our process is provided here to help you “dot your i's and cross your t's”.
Our viability and feasibility analysis process seeks to clarify the following questions:
- Is the concept evolutionary, disruptive, or revolutionary?
- Does the target addressable market already perceive the product / service / offering as a need?
- If not, can we cost-effectively introduce and market it? Can we realistically become the category leader? (marketing plan / sales / user acquisition model / user retention)
- Why will prospective customers / users want to try the product / service? Why will they keep using it? Why will they switch away from their current practices? Can we successfully create an intuitive and enticing engagement / user experience? Can we, and how do we, create a product / service that users will perceive as vital to their processes? (value proposition)
- Is the business commercially viable? Is the startup focused on user acquisition, on cash-flow growth, or on a balance of the two? (monetization / growth)
- What does the competitive landscape look like? Does the startup have adequate intellectual property protection? What are the niche’s barriers to entry?
- What are the startup’s funding and operational needs, plans, and milestones? Are they realistic? Can we minimize risk to investors via gradual multi-stage participation? (capital strategies)
- Do the startup and its team fit well with our criteria, stage, sector, and region competencies?
- Are the founders and executives amicable to cooperation and communication with investors?
- Do the most-probable ROI (x) and IRR (time weighted) scenarios fit our fund’s objectives?
- Are our exit objectives aligned with those of the founders and management? Is the company projected to become a profitable growth company? What are the realistic prospects or exit strategies of the company? (private growth / being acquired / an IPO)
Can the startup (with our help, if necessary):
- Efficiently budget utilization of available capital and achieve defined milestones?
- Achieve its development and promotion objectives on schedule and within budget?
- Establish, and remain focused on, its short-term and long-term objectives?
- Recruit, acquire, and retain needed talent and skill?
- Utilize our industry network for operational, growth and strategic advantages?
- Attract senior executive management when needed?
- Attract additional funding to achieve its growth and exit objectives?
NYVC PORTFOLIO PIPELINE
LOCATIONS & INVESTMENT REGIONS
NYVC currently operates primarily out of New York, Miami, and Tel Aviv.
Phone: +1 (212) 457-4950
Phone: +1 (305) 482-1520 Email: email@example.com
We are currently not accepting unsolicited business plans.
Please read our Privacy and Legal Terms prior to sending us any information.
NYVC invests in startups catering to the US market, India, and the emerging Middle East / Central Africa (MECA) zone brought upon by the 2020 peace and normalization treaties between Israel and the UAE, Bahrain, and Sudan, and those in the works with Saudi Arabia and Oman.
LP / VP LOGIN
The links below will take you to a Virtual Data Room website operated by a third-party unaffiliated with NYVC.
LP Login: https://sharesecurely.com/login
50 Partners - Venture Partner portal: www.50partners.com
LP Commitment Form - 8% to 25% IRR Preferred-Return Hurdle-Rate: NYVC 2020 LP Commitment Form